Preview of TASFA paper form

Texas Application for State Financial Aid

If you’re a foreign student or non–US citizen residing in Texas, you may still be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes. If so, you may also be eligible to receive state financial aid.

Texas Flag labeled Texas Application for State Financial Aid

You may be eligible for Texas state-sponsored financial aid if your residency status is NOT US citizen, permanent resident with an alien registration card (I-551 visa), conditional permanent resident (I551C visa), or eligible non-citizen with an arrival/departure record (I-94 visa). An alternative to the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid), TASFA enables resident noncitizens to be eligible for in-state tuition and apply for need-based grants and loans.