District Fellowship Program
The Texas OnCourse district fellowship is a two-year program designed to improve college, career, and military readiness (CCMR) across the state.
The fellowship includes 21 districts. In each district, teams of three to four fellows set goals, develop a road map, and implement Texas OnCourse resources in an effort to improve student postsecondary outcomes.
The program also includes administrator engagement, professional development, cross-district collaboration and networking, sustainability planning, and data-based assessment of efforts and impacts. Lessons learned from these districts are shared in an effort to transform CCMR across the state.
In June 2020, the Texas OnCourse district fellowship shifted into its current iteration. Here are our current leader fellows. Here are our alumni leader fellows.
The Program in Detail
District teams include a district administrator and at least two school-based educators – one working in a middle school and one working in a high school. Educators can include CTE instructors, college and career readiness teachers, counselors, and advisers. Administrators can include directors of counseling, CCMR, and CTE.
Fellow districts participate in the following activities during the two-year fellowship term:
- Facilitated professional development network. Fellows attend two annual conferences and participate in monthly webinars to support their work.
- College and Career Knowledge Assessment for Educators. Secondary educators in fellow districts complete an assessment three times to establish baseline data and measure their growth in college and career knowledge.
- College and Career Knowledge Assessment for Students. Middle school students in fellow districts will participate in this assessment to measure the effectiveness of their college and career instruction. Many fellowship districts use the Texas OnCourse College and Career Curriculum.
- District road maps. Fellow districts identify CCMR goals and develop an implementation strategy, including plans for sustainability once the fellowship has ended.
- District professional development plan. Using the Texas OnCourse Academy, fellow districts also create a tailored professional development plan aligned with district goals for educators.
Twenty-one districts participate in the Texas OnCourse fellowship program:
Aransas County ISD
Archer City ISD
Calhoun County ISD
Grand Prairie ISD
San Elizario ISD