Skip to main content
  • En EspaƱol
  • or

TASFA Requirements


TASFA requirements

If you are a foreign student or non-citizen, you may be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes. If so, you may also be eligible to receive state financial aid.

Whether you are in Texas on a visa or you are an undocumented immigrant filing taxes, you may be eligible for Texas state sponsored financial aid. An alternative to the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid), TASFA enables resident non-citizens to apply for need-based grants and loans.

Requirements to receive Texas aid, as provided by the Texas State University webpage [1] [2] :

Texas Application for State Financial Aid Form