High school endorsements consist of a related series of courses that are grouped together by interest or skill set. They provide students with in-depth knowledge of a subject area. Students must select an endorsement in the ninth grade.
Students can choose from five endorsement areas:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- Business and Industry
- Public Service
- Arts and Humanities
- Multi-Disciplinary Studies
Which endorsement is best for your future career?
The Texas Workforce Commission can help you pick!
At this webpage, you can learn about the five major endorsement areas of the Foundation Graduation Program—and which jobs they lead to.
For each endorsement, you'll learn:
- The types of jobs you can get—including some you've never heard of
- What to study after high school and/or in college
- Career pathways for high school students
- How much money you can expect to make!
And of course you'll learn which courses to take now—in high school—to complete each endorsement.