Note: Want to stay informed on all the changes? We'll refresh this space with screenshots of the new Academy and updates as the project unfolds. Keep it bookmarked!
UPDATE, 6/13: We have some updates regarding the progress of the Academy relaunch:
- The new Academy is tentatively due to launch in mid-July.
- The Academy will be down for 3 days prior to the relaunch.
- When the Academy relaunches, not all modules will be available. We are prioritizing 12 modules for immediate availability. We hope to have all other modules online by the end of July.
- All badges earned and modules mastered will transfer to the new Academy.
- If you are working on a module but have not mastered it, you will lose your progress when the new Academy launches.
We're hoping to time the downtime and relaunch around the 4th of July holiday to minimize disruption. As soon as we are able to confirm a date with you, we'll let you know.
If you are planning to incorporate the Academy into ESC, district, or school professional development in July, contact us ASAP.
UPDATE, 5/8: Great news! You can continue earning badges in the Academy. As we migrate all of the data related to the badges you’ve earned and modules you’ve completed, we thought we may need to press pause for a bit, but we have found a different solution.
Keep on earning badges and completing modules! Any and all badges you’ve earned and modules you’ve completed will transfer to the new Academy. This includes the progress you made between April 15th and now. If you earned a badge or completed a module in the past month, that will also carry over to the new Academy. You should still be aware that if you are partially done with a module when we switch to the new platform, your progress will not transfer. We’ll only be able to transfer the modules you’ve mastered and badges you’ve earned.
We’re hard at work on improving the new Academy and we’re super excited to unveil it to you. Our launch date is still to be determined. As soon as we’re able to confirm a date, we’ll let you know so you’re able to complete the modules you’re working on. In the meantime, keep an eye out here for updates!
It’s our job to keep you sharp and in tune with up-to-date college and career information. We know the Texas OnCourse Academy is indispensable to your practice, and we’re making improvements to ensure that this critical resource is even more relevant, valuable and easy to use.
This spring, the Academy is going to look totally different, as we're enhancing your user experience and freshening up the design. We’re also updating the content and improving your learning pathway. We hope these changes transform your experience with the Academy. It’ll be different, but it’ll also be fresh, uncomplicated, and personalized.
Here are a few things you need to know:
- Working toward an award or CPE credit? Master all modules by April 15th! You’ll hang on to the badges you’ve earned and modules you’ve mastered in the new system. However, because we’re updating the content in most modules and overhauling the way they’re structured, you’ll lose progress for any modules you haven’t mastered. This is important! It’s possible you have completed all units in a module without having mastered the module. Review this information to understand how to master a module.
- Save your bookmarks. Any bookmarks you’ve saved will not be carried over into the new platform. We recommend downloading any PDFs you use and saving to your computer or making note of any pages or information you’ve found particularly helpful.
Be prepared for disruption. We’re doing everything we can to minimize any disruption to your access to the Academy. However, there is a possibility that we’ll need to briefly freeze the Academy while we transfer data. If this happens, you may not be able to make progress on modules, meaning you won’t be able to work toward CPE credit or monetary rewards during that brief period. You will still be able to access all of the information and resources in the platform. If a freeze will be necessary, we’ll be sure to let you know!
What Will Happen to Your Favorite Features
We are retaining your favorite features from the Academy – including notifications, chat, and the ability to bookmark – and improving others. Some of these features may not be available immediately.
All of the great information and resources in the modules will still be there, though we’re updating content and making adjustments to improve your learning experience.
Look Out for a Demo Webinar!
Once the new Academy goes live, we will host and record a webinar to walk you through the new system and answer your questions. Keep an eye on your email and our website for registration information!
With the new and improved Texas OnCourse Academy, you’ll be even more prepared to launch every student into a successful life after high school!