There have been a lot of changes made to the state’s curriculum and graduation requirements in recent years. There is now a large emphasis on student and family choices regarding career pathways and high school endorsements.
This link leads you to a downloadable booklet outlining Texas’s high school graduation requirements, as well as important information on how the choices you make in course selection can impact your path to college and career.
In this handy booklet, the Texas Education Agency tells you how to create a personal graduation plan. It will answer your common questions, like:
- What are career endorsements—and which endorsement should I choose?
- What is the "Distinguished Level of Achievement" and should I complete it?
- Hint: You must complete it if you want to be eligible for automatic admission to any public college or university in Texas!
- What are performance acknowledgements? How can I earn them?
- Can I change my personal graduation plan later?
This is an excellent toolkit for mapping out your high school experience, and Texas OnCourse recommends printing or saving it for easy access!